Network Affiliates play an essential role in supporting the Global Network for Age-friendly Cities and Communities by promoting the creation of age-friendly environments and facilitating information exchange and learning between communities.
What are Network Affiliates?
Affiliates are national or regional/state governments, civil society or research organizations, national or transnational city or community networks in WHO Member States that are working to promote age-friendly environments at the local, regional, national or international level.
Affiliates advocate for the work of the Global Network and within their respective spheres of influence, advance knowledge and action on age-friendly environments. They serve as catalysts at the national and regional level by promoting the age-friendly cities and communities approach. Many also provide guidance and support to cities and communities who wish to become more age-friendly – in the local language, within the local policy context, and through local opportunities to meet face-to-face. In many cases, aligned membership criteria allow that members of affiliated networks automatically are eligible to join the WHO Global Network for Age-friendly Cities and Communities.
Who can Affiliate?
If you would like to find out more about how to become an Affiliate, please read the Terms of Reference for Affiliates and then contact us for more information.
List of Network Affiliates
- AARP Network of Age-friendly Communities (USA)
- Age-friendly Ireland (Ireland)
- AGE Platform Europe
- Centre for Ageing Better (UK) and the UK Network of Age-friendly Communities (UK)
- Covenant for Demographic Change (Europe)
- Government of New Zealand
- Government of Western Australia
- International Federation on Ageing (International)
- Kanagawa Prefectural Government (Japan)
- Municipalité Amie des Aînés (MADA) (Québec, Canada)
- National Institute of Social Services for Retirees and Pensioners (Argentina)
- Pan-Canadian Age-friendly Communities Initiative (Canada)
- Réseau francophone des villes amies des aînés (International)
- Spanish National Programme on Age-friendly Cities (Spain)