The Global Network for Age-friendly Cities and Communities is coordinated by the Department of Ageing and Life Course (ALC) at WHO Headquarters, in collaboration with the six WHO Regional Offices and country offices in WHO Member States.
The GNAFCC is governed by five guiding documents:
- Global strategy and action plan on ageing and health
- World report on ageing and health
- Age-friendly Environments in Europe policy tool and related guidelines
- Measuring the age-friendliness of cities: a guide to using core indicators
- Global age-friendly cities: a guide
The Secretariat provides information, support to members and affiliates, coordinates joint projects, attends to day-to-day management and network communication including through Age-Friendly World. It is coordinated at WHO Headquarters, with administrative support from the International Federation on Ageing (IFA), and in close collaboration with all six WHO Regional Offices.
Alana Officer (WHO), has overall responsibility for the network.
Diane Wu (WHO), coordinates the work of the secretariat and specifically oversees the day to day management and network communication.
Jessica Rochman-Fowler (IFA), provide information and support to network members.
Contact us via our contact form. Your request will then be forwarded to the appropriate contact person.