Age-friendly Environments Mentorship Programme (MENTOR-AFE)
Building leaders for the next decade of age-friendly cities and communities.
Do you want to be more skilled at transforming your city or community to be a better place for people of all ages?
The Age-friendly Environments Mentorship Programme, MENTOR-AFE, provides opportunities for:
- emerging and established leaders of age-friendly communities to further develop their skills with the support of a mentor; and
- existing experts to share their knowledge and experience and to develop mentees’ skills to lead, influence and implement age-friendly environments, and in doing so, reinforcing their own leadership and expertise.
MENTOR-AFE aims to build skills that are important for developing age-friendly environments, including:
- advocating for older people and age-friendly environments;
- building strategic partnerships;
- facilitating participatory processes;
- understanding and addressing inequalities;
- conducting a baseline assessment;
- developing an action plan and evidence-based programme design;
- managing and coordinating teams;
- implementing and managing an age-friendly project or programme of work;
- analysing and developing policies;
- monitoring and evaluation;
- imparting knowledge and skills to others;
- designing and implementing campaigns; and
- communicating and promoting project activities.
Be one of the first mentees or mentors to join the programme. MENTOR-AFE will be launched in September 2018, and will support up to 20 mentor partnerships for one year. While MENTOR-AFE has been informed by other successful programmes we will be seeking mentee and mentor feedback along the year to help to make the programme a success.
Applications for the May 2018 round has closed.
MENTOR-AFE is a joint programme of the World Health Organization and the International Federation on Ageing.