Committed To Becoming More Age-Friendly
Muratpasa Municipality Turkey
Our first aim is to increase the health and care standards of our elders. For this, these are the projects that we have already implemented and will implement soon:
- We have an elder nursing home in which 43 elders are living. Our plan is to open 2 more elder nursing homes according to the needs of the regions.
- We have 2 retired coffee houses, where our elders can socialize.
- We recently opened our first “Alzheimer Day Care Centre”. This centre is providing daily social rehabilitation services to 30 Alzheimer patients and provides advice to the families about how to continue their care giving services at home.
- We have ambulance service for elders and dependents to transfer them between home and hospital.
- We are planning to start a “Home Care” program soon.
- We are planning to start an “Emergency Button” project. With this project, elders who are in an emergency situation can communicate with our help centre by pushing a button that we put in their homes.
Aside of these health and care projects, we have also many parks and sportive activities for our elders.
In this network, our aim is to collaborate with other network members and share common knowledge. Our mission is to increase the life quality of our elders by supplying them health, care, social, and environmental services.