The Colorado Springs Age Friendly Report and Action Plan, approved in November 2016, provides a sweeping review of community assets and areas for improvement. Through extensive community input, Innovations in Aging Collaborative (IIAC) put together the attached action plan which contains over 150 action items organized into eight domains:
- Outdoor Spaces and Buildings
- Community Support and Health Services
- Communication and Information
- Civic Participation and Employment
- Respect and Social Inclusion
- Social Participation.
Each of these action items is meant to make Colorado Springs a safe, inclusive place to live, work, play, and age. This action plan is now the guiding document for all projects undertaken by IIAC, the organization responsible for reporting back to AARP on these action items in 2020.