Committed To Becoming More Age-Friendly
La Pintana Chile
La Pintana is one of the 52 communes that shape the Metropolitan region, capital of Chile, which presents the highest rates of Santiago in multidimensional poverty (42.5% of the population). Older adults represent 14% of the population, with 24,830 people, subdivided into 11,172 men and 13,658 women.
The Integral Development of Elderly People Direction of our Municipality of La Pintana, is the local administrative division, which is responsible for working with older adults. We have the following devices:
1. Protection of Rights Office: seeks to prevent and address violations of the rights of the elderly, through the articulation of local government, territorial and community devices.
2. Senior Wellness Centers: these seek to promote active aging, strengthening the self-empowerment and autonomy of the elderly, thus allowing to improve functional independence and the ability to perform the basic activities of daily life.
3. Support to Organizations Program: this seeks to contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of the elderly population, through actions that favor a positive aging, aimed at strengthening community bonding, autonomy, recognition and full exercise of their rights .
4. “Vinculos” Program: this program provides tools to elderly people in situations of social vulnerability, so they can link with the social support network of their community and with their peers.
5. Volunteer Line: with volunteering it is sought to contribute to the social integration and strengthening of a positive image of the elderly, through the exercise of new roles.
6. Condominium of Sheltered Homes: these seek to help elderly people in a situation of vulnerability, with housing deficiency and lack of socio-family networks, access a housing solution.