The aim of this document is to investigate the degree to which Madrid is an age-friendly city and understand which actions increase the physical, social and mental well-being of older people and their security and full participation in community activities.
This diagnosis, with the corresponding suggestions for improvement, forms a part of the initiatives outlined by the WHO to form a part of the Global Network of Age-friendly Cities, membership of which was requested by Madrid City Council in March 2013.
BECOMING ACQUAINTED WITH MADRID
RESEARCH AREAS AND PROPOSALS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- – OUTDOOR SPACES AND BUILDINGS
- – TRANSPORT
- – HOUSING
- – RESPECT AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
- – SOCIAL PARTICIPATION
- – COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION
- – CIVIC PARTICIPATION AND EMPLOYMENT
- – HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES