Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
To contribute to improved health, nutritional status, development and survival of infants and young children in Kenya.
The objective is to improve the nutrition status of infants and young children through the provision of essential interventions.
• To ensure that policies and legislation that are supportive of IYCF are enacted and implemented.
• To improve uptake of optimal breast and complementary feeding practices.
• To promote and protect appropriate IYCF practices for infants and children in difficult situations.
• To ensure appropriate nutrition of children born to HIV infected mothers and reduce the risk of mother to child transmission of HIV through breast milk.
• To promote efficient implementation of interventions on IYCF through improved coordination and collaboration of partners in the country.
• To strengthen the capacity of stakeholders, programme managers and health care providers with improved knowledge and skills on IYCF counselling.
• To strengthen monitoring and evaluation of IYCF at all levels.
• To strengthen research on IYCF and timely dissemination of findings to decision makers.
• To improve awareness on optimal IYCF practices through advocacy and awareness creation efforts.
• To specify roles and responsibilities of partners in promoting appropriate IYCF practices.
• To establish coordination structures for collaboration on IYCF programme efforts.
• To sensitize the public for improved knowledge on IYCF practices.
• To integrate the IYCF strategy into the health system.