Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
PROGRAM GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
The Infant and Young Child Nutrition Policy has been developed as an integral part of EHP, safety nets and nutrition sub-components of the PRSP. This Policy guides program coordinators/managers, policy makers, health workers and other stakeholders dealing with infants, young children and mothers on how to implement nutrition program activities.
To contribute to improved infant and young child nutrition for survival, growth and development.
1. To increase the rate of exclusive breastfeeding among infants for the first 6 months of life.
2. To reduce mother to child transmission of HIV caused by breastfeeding
3. To provide caregivers with knowledge and enhance skills on timely, appropriate and adequate complementary feeding.
4. To ensure that nutritional needs of infants and young children and their mothers in emergency affected populations are addressed.
5. To strengthen nutrition surveillance at all levels.
6. To enhance good nutritional status for all women of the reproductive age.
7. To improve management of moderately and severely malnourished infants, young children and mothers.
8. To increase access to micronutrients by infants, young children and mothers(p. 5/6)