III. Objective 3 - Improve maternal and children nutritional status
(The outputs of Objective 3 will be implemented in Plan of Action for Nutrition to 2015).
Output 3.1 Promotion of iron/folic acid, micronutrient supplement, de-worming, treatment for malaria for pregnant women and women at high risks areas
· Provide iron/folic acid tablets, micronutrient tablets.
· Provide de-worming tablets and medicines for malaria treatment in areas with high rate of worm and malaria under guidance of the MOH.
· Expand the social marketing approaches to enhance the local production and supply in urban and relevant regions.
Output 3.2 Capacity of health workers at all levels in prevent micronutrient deficiency is strengthened
· Provide trainings for health workers at all levels on preventing malnutrition including preventing micronutrient.
· Develop training and communication materials.
· Conduct integrated supportive supervision.
Output 4.2: The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative is maintained and strengthened
· Develop and implement National guideline on implementation and maintenance of BFHI (10 steps for successful BF).
· Add the standards of BFHI into the standard of annual M&E for hospitals.
· Add the 10 steps for successful BF into the criteria for evaluating quality of hospitals.
· Standardize training materials, provide guidance for evaluation and re-evaluation.
· Organize trainings for health workers of Ob/Ped hospitals on BFHI standards.
· Develop pilot model for Commune Health Center that implement 10 steps for successful BF.
· Organize evaluation, re-evaluation and monitoring the maintenance of BFHI standards.
Output 4.4: Infant and Young Child Feeding in emergency and special conditions are strengthened and duplicated
· Evaluate the pilot model of acute malnutrition management for scaling up.
· Develop and implement plan to satisfy nutrition needs in case of emergency for areas frequently faces natural disasters, floods; provide guidelines for acute malnutrition management; prevent micronutrient deficiencies.
· Develop training materials.
· Organize trainings for health workers at all levels.
· Produce and distribute food products to treat acute malnutrition.
Output 4.5: Infant and young child feeding capacity of health workers at all levels is enhanced
· Develop training materials and organize national standard for re-trainings on IYCF
· Develop trainers network at central and provincial levels.
· Provide trainings at all levels.
· Provide monitoring after training.