Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
Promorte healthy choices, reduce preventable morbidity, avoidable disability and premature mortality due to NCDs in India
Objectves of the Action Plan
- To advocate for increase in the priority accorded and resources allocated to the prevention and control of non communicable diseases in the national agenda and policies
- To strengthen national capacity to lead multisectoral partnerships to accerlarte and scale-up national response to NCDs
- To improve the capacity of individuals, families and communities to make healthier choices by creating healthy environments that promote health and reduce the risk of NCDs
- To strengthen health systems to provide accessible and affordable good quality care to all people with disease or risk factors through primary health care approach
- To establish sustainable surveillance, monitoring and evaluation systems for programme development and monitoring that promotes evidence based policy and programme development.