Outcomes (mortality and morbidity)
1. Unconditional probability of dying between ages 30-70 from cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, or chronic respiratory disease.
Exposures (risk factors)
7. Age-standardized prevalence of persons (aged 18+ years) consuming less than five total servings (400 grams) of fruits and vegetables.
8. Age-standardized mean population intake of salt (sodium chloride) per day in grams in persons aged 18+ years.
11. Age-standardized prevalence of raised blood glucose/diabetes among persons aged 18+ years (fasting plasma glucose value ≥7.0 mmol/L (126 mg/dl) or on medication for diabetes
12. Age-standardized prevalence of raised blood pressure among persons aged 18+ years (defined as systolic blood pressure ≥140 mmHg and/or diastolic blood pressure ≥90 mmHg); and mean systolic blood pressure.
13. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in adolescents (defined according to the WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents, overweight – one standard deviation body mass index for age and sex, and obese – 2 SD BMI for age and sex).
14. Age-standardized prevalence of overweight and obesity in persons aged 18+ years (defined as body mass index ≥25 kg/m2 for overweight and body mass index ≥ 30 kg/m2 for obesity).
15. Age-standardized prevalence of raised total cholesterol among persons aged 18+ years (defined as total cholesterol ≥5.0 mmol/L or 190 mg/dl); and mean total cholesterol.