Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
Aiming at reducing the disease affecting rate and dying from chronic non-communicable diseases in Montenegro, strategic, program and planning documents have been adopted that relate to the prevention and control of chronic non-communicable diseases (heart and blood vessels diseases, diabetes, malignant diseases, mental diseases), risk factors associated with health (for example: tobacco and tobacco products use, harmful use of alcohol, excessive salt intake in nutrition), early detection of cancer (screening program) and injuries.
Primary objectives of prevention and control of chronic non-communicable diseases are:
- reduction of getting sick and premature dying from heart and blood vessels diseases,
- reduction of getting sick and premature dying from malignant diseases,
- reduction of getting sick and premature dying from diabetes,
- detection and reduction of exposure to risk factors for chronic non-communicable diseases,
- improvement of mental health and - reduction of injuries.