The purpose of the Advisory Board is to coordinate activities within the national program in the field of food and nutrition for the years 2014-2020.
The Advisory Board has the following tasks:
1) coordinate the implementation of the National Programme in the field of food and nutrition for the years 2014-2020;
2) ensure stakeholder participation in the development, monitoring and implementation of food and nutrition activities in 2014-2020 in Moldova and contribute to the establishment of lasting ties between all key decision makers involved in the development, promotion and implementation legislation and public policies on food and nutrition;
3) promote intersectoral partnership between government, international and non-governmental better control of diet-related non-communicable diseases, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies and ensure effective mutual dialogue between governmental and nongovernmental organizations from Moldova and abroad;
4) coordinates the development and adjustment of legislation in the field of food and nutrition in the Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health, and the implementation of legislation and policy documents in the field;
5) facilitate intersectoral collaboration for the development of public policies to prevent and control noncommunicable diseases related to diet, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies, coordinating their implementation.