Annexure 1: Indicator Lists (Tentative)
Outcomes (mortality and morbidity)
1. Unconditional probability of dying between ages 30-70 from cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, or chronic respiratory disease.
2. Cancer incidence, by type of cancer, per 100 000 population.
Exposures (risk factors)
3. Age-standardized prevalence of current tobacco use among persons aged 18+ years
4. Prevalence of current tobacco use among adolescents (13-17 years)
5. Total (recorded and unrecorded) alcohol per capita (15+ years old) consumption within a calendar year in liters of pure alcohol, as appropriate, within the national context.
6. Age-standardized prevalence of heavy episodic drinking among persons aged 18+ years.
Fruits, vegetables and salt consumption:
7. Age-standardized prevalence of persons (aged 18+ years) consuming less than five total servings (400 grams) of fruits and vegetables.
8. Age-standardized mean population intake of salt (sodium chloride) per day in grams in persons aged 18+ years.
9. Prevalence of insufficiently physically active (defined as less than 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity activity daily) among adolescents (13-17 years)
10. Age-standardized prevalence of insufficiently physically active persons aged 18+ years (defined as less than 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week, or equivalent.
11. Age-standardized prevalence of raised blood glucose/diabetes among persons aged 18+ years (fasting plasma glucose value ≥7.0 mmol/L (126 mg/dl) or on medication for diabetes
12. Age-standardized prevalence of raised blood pressure among persons aged 18+ years (defined as systolic blood pressure ≥140 mmHg and/or diastolic blood pressure ≥90 mmHg); and mean systolic blood pressure.
13. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in adolescents (defined according to the WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents, overweight – one standard deviation body mass index for age and sex, and obese – 2 SD BMI for age and sex).
14. Age-standardized prevalence of overweight and obesity in persons aged 18+ years (defined as body mass index ≥25 kg/m2 for overweight and body mass index ≥ 30 kg/m2 for obesity).
15. Age-standardized prevalence of raised total cholesterol among persons aged 18+ years (defined as total cholesterol ≥5.0 mmol/L or 190 mg/dl); and mean total cholesterol.
16. Proportion of households with solid fuel use as their primary source of cooking
17. Proportion of eligible screened for oral cancers at least once.
18. Proportion of eligible persons (defined as aged 40 years and over with a 10-year cardiovascular risk ≥30%, including those with existing cardiovascular disease) receiving drug therapy and counselling(including glycaemic control) to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
19. Availability and affordability of essential noncommunicable disease medicines, including generics, and basic technologies as per the national package in public facilities.
20. Proportion of primary health care workforce trained in integrated NCD prevention and control.
21. National policies that virtually eliminate partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (PHVO) in the food supply and replace with polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA).