Develop a policy framework including the necessary regulations and laws that cover all areas relevant to promotion of healthy diet and physical activity:
• Food production policies: encourage production of healthy foods and discourage or sanction production of unhealthy foods
• Review and amend policies of food importation in favor of healthy food
• Tax and price controls: Over taxation of unhealthy foods to influence pricing. The aim is to make healthy choices the easier choices
• Marketing policies: Review and amend. Abandon marketing practices of unhealthy foods, abandon marketing of unhealthy foods to children and adolescents
• Labeling of food products particularly their fat and trans-fats content, caloric content, and coloring substances. National Labeling standards should be developed or updated for locally-produced and imported foods. Cheating should be strictly penalized
• Advertisement of foods: National standards and guidelines should be developed or updated and strictly enforced.
• Develop national standards for foods served in cafeterias of schools and workplaces.
• Licensure controls: Restaurants and cafeterias not adhering to healthy food guidelines may not be licensed or have their license temporarily or permanently withdrawn