Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
MDG target 1: The health sector will contribute to the reduction of the number of persons in severe poverty by providing effective community health services that will maintain the population of Rwanda health and productive status to participate in the labor force with reduced absenteeism due to poor health
MDG target 2: Enhance and expand nutrition surveillance and interventions to reduce by half the number of malnourished children. The health sector will strengthen community-based growth monitoring, nutrition education and support nutrition supplementary community projects, such as gardening and small livestock.
- % children <5 yrs screened in CBNP: 70 (2011 baseline), 82 (2014 target), 88 (2018 target)
- % children in nutrition rehabilitation program (/ total children malnourished): 70 (2011 baseline), 82 (2014 target),88 (2018 target)
- Prevalence of stunting among children (6–59 months) reduced from 44%(2012-13 baseline) to 18% (2015-16 target)
- Prevalence of underweight children (6–59 months) reduced from 11%(2012-13 baseline) to 4% (2015-16 target)
- Prevalence of wasting (Ht/Wt) reduced from 3%(2012-13 baseline) to 2%(2015-16 target)