Goals, objectives or targets related to nutrition:
The ultimate goal is to achieve an 8 % relative reduction in preventable premature deaths due to NCDs in St Vincent and the Grenadines by 2019.
- To strengthen coordination and management of NCD prevention and control;
- To promote integration of NCD prevention policies, frameworks and actions through multisectoral approaches;
- To reduce risk factors (tobacco use, harmful use of alcohol, physical inactivity, unhealthy eating, obesity) and promote healthy and active living for health and well-being through life course approach;
- To strengthen the health system at all levels in public and private sectors which improves access to quality health services and financial risk protection; and
- To improve the quality and breadth of NCD and risk factor surveillance system and strengthen operational research for planning, monitoring, and evaluation of NCD-related policies and programmes.