SO 2-1 Measures
• Promote health and health behaviour of pregnant women, breast feeding of infants.
SO 4-2 Measures
• Increase the awareness of people of balanced and nutritious eating patterns, and integrate the topics related to eating and food into the basic and in-service training of teachers and state curricula; ensure the availability of relevant materials and trainings for target groups and related groups.
• Ensure an environment supporting healthy eating choices of people and observation of the principles of balanced eating in institutional catering.
• Develop counselling service on nutrition and ensure the availability thereof to risk groups.
• Regularly monitor and assess the eating habits of the population, trends of overweight (including the monitoring of anthropometric figures) and relevant interventions and carry out a risk-usefulness evaluation analysis on nutrition (eating, food safety, etc.).
Recommended activities to be applied at the level of local governments
Local government organises the application of activities within its scope of competence (including the creation of necessary legal grounds). Ensures sufficient information for people enabling them to make informed choices in order to reduce health risks.
• Integrate the topic of balanced eating and catering into the development plans of local governments.
• Support institutional catering and organise the following of legislation on food and nutrition and inspection thereof within the field of competence.
• Develop and implement a conception of supporting services to ensure nutritious eating for vulnerable groups.
• Support organisations and projects with a objective of facilitating healthy eating
Recommended activities to be applied at the level of organisations
• To facilitate the achievement of the sub-objective of the field by creating a health supporting physical and social environment.
• Decrease the content of salt, sugar and fat in products, where possible, make nutritional information of products easily accessible for a consumer.
• Create positive role models in the media; ensure that advertising does not mislead the consumer or use the gullibility of vulnerable groups; broadcast media-based study programmes aimed at healthy eating.
• Promote healthy eating in an organisation.
Recommended activities to be applied at the individual level
Every person can reduce risks to health by making informed choices in organisation of daily life.
• Increase knowledge of balanced and nutritious eating and labelling on food; use the possibilities and services aimed at healthy eating.
• Support the people close to oneself in shaping eating habits, offering positive example and actively engaging others.