E. THE STRATEGY
Accessibility to Food:
1. Development of programs for the dicersification of food is enhanced through assesment of various ”useful precise technology” and affordable in regard to the processing of flour based food, for : (a) maintaining the local food consumption pattern which in the region and certain society groups have a variety especially in their staple food, and (b) development of the culinery aspect and acceptance of the consumers, through various nutrition education, training, and nutrition campaigns to inc rease the local food image, as well as to increase the income
and general education.
2. Preparation of the development policies in the field of food and nutrition ha ving a cross sector nature, therefore promoting commitment and investment in the field of food and nutrition therefore i the national and regional development.
3. Increase of the capacity of the local government and people in developing and benefiting the food and nutrition awareness system for early detection of possible occurrences of vulnerable food disasters, hunger and malnutrition, as well as quick actions that must be conducted by the people and the local government.
4. Increase of activities and targets of food resilience not only in the aspect of provisions of food in the macro level, but also the aspect of food access which
assures food consumption with balanced nutrition for the family and individual, as well as the impacts to the nutrition status.
Nutrition Status :
1. Priority to the nutrition program target to very vulnerable groups which are : young women in their fertile age, pregnant mothers, breast feeding mothers, and babies until 2 years of age in the frame of strengthening the achievement basis of the program for development of children in their early childhood (PAUD) in determining th future quality of human resources (SDM).
2. Increase in the program for prevention and overcoming micro malnutrition matters, through supplementation and fortification of vitamins and minerals
especially iron, iodine, and vitamin A in order to increase the quality of human resources.
3. Increase nutrition awareness of the family and people through communication, information and education to prevent disturbances.
4. Prioritization of the nutrition program targets to the poor people through efforts in alleviation of poverty caused not because of the income (“non-income poverty”) in the frame of development of human resources.
5. Increase quality of services to excessive nutrition patients through periodic monitoring of the body weight and height, integrated management in handling
excessive nutrition cases and increase of KIE.
6. Increase in efforts of overcoming infectious diseases especially to children under five years of age through prevention and overcoming the risk factor, increase in surveillance and epidemiology, immunization as well as KIE.
Food Security :
1. Increase awareness regarding food and nutrition security through efforts in early prevention and law enforcement in the frame of maintaining the quality of food security.
2. Increase food security through strengthening of regulations, monitoring and law enforcement, consumer protection in the frame of protecting the public health status.
Healthy Living Pattern :
1. Increase physical activity of the people through increase of promotion, increase in provisions of means and facilities of sports and open space, in the frame of growing and creating awareness of all the levels of society.
2. Increase promotion fr consumption of vegetables and fruits through a balanced nutrition eating pattern in the frame of prevention of degenerative diseases.
3. Increase of promotion of low fat eating pattern, as well as salt and sugar especially to certain high risk groups through preparation of regulations that
regulate regarding advertisements of food and drinks in order to reduce incidences of degenerative diseases in the youth.
4. Increase promotion regarding the danger of smoking through regulations in advertisments related to smoking, policies in reducing demand of cigarette
supply in order to prevent chronic diseases.
1. Increase cooperation in cross sectors through coordinated food and nutrition programs in the frame of development in the field of food and nutrition.
2. Revitalization of SKPG to increase availability of food and nutrition data in the region
3. Strengthen cooperation between the government and the people in conducting the food and nutrition program.
4. Digging for and benefitting the potency of resources from the people in overcoming the problems of food and nutrition.
5. Increase capacity and quality of research and development of food and nutrition through research institutions, universities, and the people, in the frame of
producing more reliable data and information.
6. Increase the capacity of administrative workers and professionals through coordination in planning and management of the food and nutrition program in
order to maximize the effectiveness of the public nutrition improvement program.
7. Increase the education and use of professionals in nutrition in various levels of the Central and Regional, as well as the people, in order to maximize the role of professionals in the nutrition program.