The WHO Global Network of Age-friendly Cities and Communities works with governments, civil society organizations and age-friendly city and community networks in WHO member states to promote the creation of age-friendly environments and foster information exchange and learning between communities.
What are Affiliated Programmes?
Affiliated Programmes are age-friendly city and community networks or government or civil society initiatives working to promote age-friendly environments at the local, regional, national or international level that have joined the WHO Global Network of Age-friendly Cities and Communities to engage in information sharing and exchange with other programmes, cities and communities across the world and facilitate international exchange for their members.
They play a significant role in supporting age-friendly cities and communities worldwide and serve as catalysts at the national and regional level by promoting the age-friendly cities and communities approach and providing guidance and support to cities and communities who wish to become more age-friendly – in the local language, within the local policy context, and by providing opportunities to meet face-to-face in the local area. In many cases, aligned membership criteria allow that members of affiliated networks automatically are eligible to join the WHO Global Network of Age-friendly Cities and Communities.
Who can affiliate?
There are currently two types of Affiliated Programmes: Networks of Age-friendly Cities and Communities at regional or national levels working directly with local communities, and organizations that promote the age-friendly cities and communities framework through knowledge generation or the facilitation of knowledge and information sharing.
If you would like to find out more about how to become an Affiliated Programme, please contact us for more information.
List of Affiliated Programmes
- AARP Network of Age-friendly Communities (USA)
- Age-friendly Ireland (Ireland)
- AGE Platform Europe
- International Federation on Ageing (International)
- Municipalité Amie des Aînés (MADA) (Québec, Canada)
- Pan-Canadian Age-friendly Communities Initiative (Canada)
- Regional Programme Bashkortostan (Russian Federation)
- Réseau francophone des villes amies des aînés (International)
- Slovene Network of Age-friendly Cities (Slovenia)
- Spanish National Programme on Age-friendly Cities (Spain)
- UK Network of Age-friendly Cities (UK)